The internet is a great way to add value to your company and drive patients through your door, but it can also be a dangerous place if you are not maintaining your online reputation.
Online engagement with patients requires a great deal of thought, planning and execution. Here are some tips to help you maintain a positive online reputation:
- Create a resourceful company website. It is important that you provide your patients and prospective patients with detailed information to help them outside of the exam room and answer any basic questions they might have.
- Google yourself and see what patients are saying about you. Before you start interacting with patients online, listen to what they are already saying about you.
- Develop a plan to engage with patients online. From Facebook to Yelp, make sure you are actively engaging with your followers. With social media communities, be sure to provide readers with company updates and interesting information about your field of medicine. On review sites like Yelp, it is important to keep track of the reviews people leave about you and respond to them, if necessary.
- Monitor your online reputation. Keep track of what people are saying about you online. If patients are unhappy, be sure to respond. If patients are happy, make sure to thank them. By checking on your online reputation frequently you will be able to address negative comments quickly and efficiently.
- Be committed and stay consistent. Keeping track of your online reputation takes a lot of work. You need to stay committed to engaging with patients and monitoring their reviews in order to preserve a positive online reputation.
Monitoring your online reputation requires a lot of time and hard work. At Goldman Marketing Group, we know that you do not always have the time to manage your reputation in addition to your already busy work schedule. So, if you need help managing your reputation, contact Goldman Marketing Group!
Next, read Why Doctors Should Embrace Social Media.