Social media platforms, like Facebook and Twitter, are an invaluable resource for doctors to engage with their patients. Building an online community makes it easier than ever before for doctors and patients to connect outside of the exam room.
Here are some great ways to connect with your patients in social media communities:
- Provide patients with links to your website. But don’t just give them the link. Incorporate the link into an interesting fact or a question to get them thinking about the webpage topic.
- Share links to other reputable websites or news sources in your medical field. This shows your patients that you are dedicated to providing them with as much helpful information as possible.
- Invite patients to events at your practice or inform them about special pricing promotions.
- If appropriate, respond to patients who ask you questions.
- Have some fun with it! Be creative when you are posting on social media sites in order to really capture your patients’ attention.
Not only are social media communities a great way for doctors to provide patients with resourceful information, but they are also a great outlet for patients to share their success stories, learn about other patients’ experience and help spread your message for you.
If you are a doctor and have yet to set up your Facebook page or Twitter account, what are you waiting for? Sign up today and start strengthening your relationship with your patients! Contact Goldman Marketing Group if you have any questions about managing your social media accounts.
Next, read 6 Best Practices for Modern SEO.